You will serve as the Chief Technology Officer in the Research and Development Group of Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division.Learn more about this agency
The position may be filled in one of the following duty locations: Point Mugu, CA or China Lake, CA.
- You will establish and execute NAWCWD's Science and Technology Strategy, and provide direction, coordination, and management of all facets and functions of a major technical program in Navy, Department of Defense (DoD) and/or other Federal agencies.
- You will conduct and assess independent and leading edge Naval weapon systems and weapon systems integration Science and Technology projects.
- You will develop and manage Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division's Scientific and Technology investment portfolio.
- You will provide Scientific and Technology forecasting capacity and identify high risk, high payoff technologies that enable transformational Warfare capabilities.
- You will lead key strategic Science and Technology objectives and initiatives to develop and maintain a strong Science and Technology base.
- You will provide independent and authoritative technical advice on advanced complex state-of the-art technical issues, projects, or programs to personnel within Navy, DoD or other Federal agencies.
- You will provides overall direction, coordination, and management of all facets and functions of a major technical program or several closely related programs.
- You will carries out technical supervisory responsibilities involving technical planning and oversight of work accomplished through Federal civil service employees, assigned military members, non-Federal workers.
- You will formulate, plan, and drive the collaborative execution of complex Science and Technology projects and facilitate the maturation and transition of these efforts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598950000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.