About NRO:Learn more about this agency
NRO Focuses on designing, building, launching, and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. Whether creating the latest innovations in satellite technology, contracting with the most cost- efficient industrial supplier, conducting rigorous launch schedules, or providing the highest-quality products to our customers, we never lose focus on who we are working to protect: our Nation and its Citizens.
For more information about NRO click "Learn more about this Agency" link below
The NRO will make selections at the GG-12 level for this position
FOR CURRENT CIVILIAN FEDERAL EMPLOYEES APPLYING PLEASE SEE THE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION BELOW.
As a IT SPECIALIST (ENTARCH) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyzes and evaluates work concerned with integrated systems of lT equipment and applications.
- Performs equipment installation or relocation, testing and acceptance processes.
- Responds to and resolves problems with software, hardware and systems management. Integrates several hardware, software, and/or IT related services to provide an integrated information system.
- Maintains current and detailed knowledge of information processing standards development and implementation projects, R&D programs throughout the agency, and commercial standards developments and practices.
- Supports the management of IT systems security.
- Evaluates the implications of assigned standards area in terms of DoD information systems development issues and recommends applicable standards or the development of a standards solution.
- Responsible for protection measures such as file access controls, software and physical safeguards, and personnel.
- Reviews and ensures that submitted risk analysis, accreditation, and certification packages are in accordance with agency requirements and time frames.
- Aids in the development and/or acquisition of systems software tools and support services for software security mechanisms.
- Evaluates developed software to assure that it will provide the desired results and operate properly on assigned equipment systems.
- Supports the review and evaluation of existing software and procedures and provides methods for reporting and correcting security violations or breakdowns.
- Provides management officials and operating personnel technical advice on current technology and policy and its impact on current and long-range programs.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel CONUS and OCONUS in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598926900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.