SummaryLearn more about this agency
Joining CISA means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security; we Defend Today, Secure Tomorrow. Within CISA, the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer assists CISA leadership in building an organization and workforce via strategic workforce planning, and employee and management support services that are effective, agile, and able to respond to emerging risks and challenges in support of mission accomplishments.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will serve as Human Resources Specialist. Typical work assignments include:
- Utilize Federal Human Resources Staffing and Recruitment automated systems or other similar automated systems for the processing, maintenance, and retrieval of employee personnel and staffing actions and the agency's recruitment, advertising, and selection process.
- Verifying all candidate selections are valid based on merit promotion, delegated examining unit, and non competitive selection procedures per Title 5 Code of Federal Regulations rules and procedures.
- Advising management on recruitment strategies, sources and special programs designed to support mission goals and maintain necessary staffing levels.
- Advising management on all employment mechanisms and recruitment strategies, necessary for the recruitment and placement of well-qualified and diverse candidates in internal or external competitive staffing actions.
- Research and prepare written responses to difficult and complex inquiries and requests for information related to human resources policy, program initiatives, and practices for the agency's staffing and recruitment needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5 nights per month for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598926200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.