The Auditor position is located in the Fiscal Service line at the VA Medical Center in Altoona, PA.Learn more about this agency
Serves as a professional staff auditor responsible for conducting accounting, financial analysis involving the systematic examination and appraisal of financial records, financial/management reports, management controls, policies, practices, and quality assurance reviews affecting or reflecting the financial condition and operating results of the facility.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates and develops audits in terms of economy and efficiency and/or program results to incorporate the needs of the Medical Center along with National and VISN requirements mandated by VHA financial polices.
- Estimates resource requirements, establishes time controls for sub-objectives and obtains information required to properly plan the audit to include an annual audit schedule and tracking mechanism.
- Performs financial audits by examining accounts and financial records.
- Prepares and provides detailed reports and summary management reports outlining the results of audits.
- Tracks and reports all audit findings and recommendations as well as all corrective actions required.
- Develops and provides training regarding financial processes including internal controls for financial staff throughout the Medical Center.
- Uses a variety of automated systems in performing audit assignments such as the payroll system (PAID),
supply system (AEMS/MERS), AMIS, PTF Workloads (MAS), travel system(CGE/Concur), online invoicing system (IPPS) and accounting system (FMS).
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD015890
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598899800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.