THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide services in support of inventory control, storage and distribution, cataloging or supply identification systems, property utilization, or other related supply activities including those associated with automated or manual supply accounting systems. Manages aviation materials and resource tracking (i.e. Depot Level Repairable (DLR)/Class 9 (CLIX) funds and all other appropriate air and ground budgets), Test Measurement & Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE)/tools management, and Hazardous Material Management.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all phases of DLR and CLIX repair/repairable items procurement and returns program.
- Assists/performs the Property Book operations in the area of inventory and storage management, and equipment coordination.
- Analyzes supply transactions or provides customer service for urgent critical shortage items and items requiring special handling when established procedures are not applicable.
- Assures that supplies and monies are not wasted through excess accumulation.
- Establishes procedures for management of calibration, testing of TMDE, and monitors tool room operations, to include accounting for, issuing and replacing tools.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598889400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.