This position is located in the US Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP), Office of the Associate Director -CIO, Office of IT Operations, IT Technical Support Division. The mission of BEP is to securely and efficiently produce U.S. currency and other government securities that satisfy the current and future needs of the American public and the government agencies who serve the public.Learn more about this agency
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 21-BEP-192-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will:
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME), technical lead, and primary responsible party for leading the planning, design, development, installation, configuration, and administration of electronic messaging services, including pulling together engineering teams to address electronic messaging performance issues and initiatives, designing and analyzing electronic messaging infrastructure engineering, systems integration, and cybersecurity compliance for spam and malware detection and prevention.
- Provide technical and program leadership in the use of prototyping of new systems for information management applications.
- Lead the design and implementation of new IT elements and the analysis and implementation of electronic messaging capabilities in BEP systems, to include the MS Exchange email system as well as the more critically important behind-the-scenes messaging between most major BEP and other Treasury systems (e.g., system alerts, mobile devices connectivity and synchronization), all of which are constantly undergoing upgrades.
- Integrate assignments with other systems, coordinate contractor and team efforts as necessary, and work closely with others within the CIO Directorate in evaluating the effectiveness of IT systems, devices, procedures, and methods used to safeguard classified, privacy, and other sensitive data in a computer accessible environment.
- Resolve problems and issues regarding systems and interfaces.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598888600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.