What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled as a Supervisory Physical Scientist or Supervisory Biologist.
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcement: Open to all U.S. citizens under: USGS-SAC-21-11090665-DE-ML
As a Center Director within the Southwest Biological Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the leadership, administration, operation, and management of the Science Center.
- Lead and develop collaborations with other USGS Science Centers, Other Federal and State agencies, universities, Tribes, and non-governmental governmental organizations.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, executing, and managing broad, multi-disciplinary programs of research.
- Lead the development and execution of ecological science investigations and monitoring programs and encourage incorporation of those studies in interdisciplinary partnerships.
- Manage the Center's science portfolio and core capabilities consistent with USGS mission priorities and oversee the fiscal considerations that support for those activities.
- Provide advice and guidance to top agency management on national and regional issues pertinent to natural resource research, inventory and monitoring and information management.
- Engage as a team member with other USGS Science Center Directors in the Southwest Region and with Southwest Regional Office Leadership to employ science capabilities in the most effective manner with highest standards of science quality.
25% or less - Overnight travel of up to 5 days per month may be required. There are some months where no travel will be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598880900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.