You will serve as a PHYSICAL SCIENTIST (ENVIRONMENTAL) with NAVFAC SOUTHWEST.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS A TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT NTE 3 YEARS, 1 YEAR AT A TIME, BUT MAY BE EXTENDED UP TO 5 YEARS.
This is an obligated position. The former incumbent has return rights to this position under PL 86-585
- You will serve as a senior environmental scientist with responsibility for the quality and performance of work of others delivering a wide variety of products and services to naval activities within the geographic area.
- You will provide team coaching and mentoring to others while monitoring performance.
- You will provide others with technical direction on a wide range of challenging environmental related issues.
- You will review schedules, cost estimates, and strategies developed by team members to ensure accuracy and reasonableness.
- You will provide briefings, point papers, or other information to Commanding Officers, Public Works Officers, major claimants, and other federal, state, or local jurisdictions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598877900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.