This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The EPMD is responsible for comprehensive portfolio management and for the implementation of information technologies that are aligned with the business strategies of the VA.Learn more about this agency
This is not a bargaining unit position.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 801 - Program Manager - Acquisition and Program/Project Management
- 802 - IT Project Manager - Acquisition and Program/Project Management
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: Not available. Employee will not be required to report to a VA owned or leased space.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Project Manager/ PD18084A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required to lift and carry reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT Project Management information issues.
- Lead and oversee budget, staffing, and contracting.
- Work with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives.
- Review or conduct audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects.
- Provides ongoing optimization and problem-solving support and recommendations for possible improvements and upgrades.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598872600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.