The IT Specialist position supports IT Integrated Management Processes, including, but not limited to, IT project milestone review, post-implementation and specialist interest review, project management training and certification programs, and coordinating organizational oversight within the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Office of Strategic Sourcing (SS).Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
803 - Product Support Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD17562A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical demands will be required. Major Duties:
- Evaluate IT investments with Strategic Sourcing assigned area, assess the highly complex integrated technical aspects related to feasibility, cost, implementation timetables, and other pertinent issues that relate to the justification of improved systems technology and IT integrated management processes.
- Advances the IT strategic goals and objectives of Strategic Sourcing, OIT, and VA to promote the effective and efficient management of IT projects and to influence managers or other officials to accept and implement findings.
- Collect, research, and analyze data, produce and disseminate information related to executive management and daily operations including pre-decisional documents. Identify strategic suppliers, update supplier profiles and processes, and reassess/revise supplier lists.
- Develop and/or modify technical policy for IT project management and oversight. Provide consultant services to Strategic Sourcing and OIT leadership to ensure adherence to legislative process requirements and IT needs.
- Monitor the progress of technical projects by tracking costs, schedules, and performance. Coordinate Post Implementation Review (PIR) program efforts for Strategic Sourcing IT investments.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for up to 10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598836900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.