The position is in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Information & Technology, IT Operations and Services, Enterprise Command Operations. The purpose of the position is to provide system analysis and customer support for all Major Incidents related to Information Technology (IT) service outages, degradation of services, and unplanned service disruptions that negatively impact the VA's nationwide plans, goals, and mission effectiveness in support our nation's Veterans.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code- 411 Technical Support Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday 3pm - 11:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Spec (Sysadmin/Custspt)/ PD18158A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking, standing, bending, or occasional lifting of boxes or IT equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Serves as a problem solver and advisor to customers reporting incidents, identifies trends and areas where additional customer training or assistance is needed, and provides customer training when required.
- Collects data and logs information from the customer on the application, operating system, network, system, or database that is experiencing the outage or degradation to troubleshoot root cause of outage.
- Monitors, validates, coordinates, triages, documents, and communicates degradations in system performance, or IT service outages of any kind, including software applications, operating systems, databases, desktops and printers, system servers, portable devices, network infrastructure, and any other system or devices used for business operations in support of our customer requirements.
- Assesses the technical expertise necessary to troubleshoot a service outage, gathers the technical subject experts, and leads the efforts for researching, evaluating, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving the outage.
- Identifies alternate approaches to problem resolutions; frequently modifies and adapts precedent solutions to unique requirements to solve a wide variety of highly complex network and system related outages.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598818300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.