**As of 5/6/2021, this announcement has been extended and will now close 5/21/2021**Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in the Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health Workforce, National Center for Health Workforce Analysis, Workforce Analysis Branch. The duty location is in Rockville, MD.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during open and closing date of this announcement.
As an Economist in the Workforce Analysis Branch, you use economic models, forecasting techniques, and statistical methods to analyze the health care market and its associated labor force characteristics.
Your major duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning, designing, and conducting original research and statistical analysis on the characteristics of the US health care workforce and health services.
- Supporting the methodology development and improvement of data used in statistical models, which attempt to reflect or reproduce the functioning of the healthcare system and its component markets including the effects and interrelationships of demand and supply.
- Identifying and analyzing suitable sources of data including survey data and other large publicly accessible data sets.
- Formulating, planning, and executing various research studies using expertise in one or more statistical software packages (e.g., R, Stata, SAS) and numerous data sources that must be compiled and coordinated.
- Preparing and presenting results in reports, which state research methodology and pertinent findings for use in informing Federal public health care policy direction.
25% or less - Expected travel my be up to 25% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598712100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.