This position is located in the Applications Service Line organization, Infrastructure Operations (IO), Health, Benefits, Memorial, Corporate (HBMC), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as an IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support Field Development and COTS Interface.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles. OPM Cyber Code - Software Developer 621; OPM Cyber Code - Systems Developer 632; OPM Cyber Code - Data Analyst 422.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website:https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: Not virtual (Working Remotely from Home)
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10062A and PD10061A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Provide reporting and trend analysis regarding the support of VistA or VistA linked applications (COTS Applications and Interfaces) to the Division Chief, Service Line Manager.
- Reviews directives, policies, programs, enterprise-wide functional user requirements and acquisition strategies/vehicles for program related issues to determine the impact and implications in supporting information systems.
- Develops and/or provides technical analysis of new and emerging technologies and their implications on the short and long term IT planning within a the organization.
- Makes recommendations on implementation strategies to include sources, acquisition strategy, and fielding of applicable technologies for future systems.
- Applies limited functional knowledge of materiel acquisition, performance indicators, logistics, production base support, personnel, disbursement, reimbursement, executive message systems and energy consumption in developing new and/or improved information systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598643100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.