This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn moreLearn more about this agency
VISN21 V-IMPACT/TelePrimary Care Clinics are composed of primary care clinics that address preventive health care, health maintenance needs and primary care to eligible veterans. All visits are provided via video telehealth remotely. In addition to primary care, the group, including the Nurse Practitioner, supports urgent care health services, gap coverage, and other interdisciplinary services such as nursing, pharmacy, social work, nutrition and behavioral health
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is accountable for the management and evaluation of a panel of patients under his/her care as well as any additional panels being covered. The NP provides comprehensive preventative and wellness care, as well as the spectrum of acute, episodic, chronic and end of life care to Veterans. The incumbent uses the nursing process and evidence-based practice to work collaboratively with the Teamlet (Patient, PCP, RN, LVN and MSA) and larger Team (family/caregiver, internal and community-based services and disciplines involved in providing care to the patient) in developing the patient-driven holistic care plan for life.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing history and physicals, diagnosing and creating treatment plans,
- Ordering lab and diagnostic images or tests
- Referring to specialty clinics and consulting with physicians when appropriate
- Triaging and coordinating follow-up appointments and/or outside care
- Performing pre-op surgical evaluations
- Promptly clearing reminders to meet medical center goals.
- Responding to My HealthEVet -electronic patient secure messages.
- Surrogate for other providers if covering in a "Back-Up" capacity
- Maintaining clinic access to meet performance measures
- Manages chronic disease states
- Addresses urgent health concerns
- The majority of the provider's care will be remote to Veterans; however, the provider is expected to travel to the CBOC where they hold their panel one week per quarter. Schedule to be mutually agreed upon in advance.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598605700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.