This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a selection is made.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
Serve as a Cybersecurity Information Technology (IT) Specialist (INFOSEC) working under the general supervision of the Chief, Cybersecurity Compliance Division, and the Fort Sill Network Enterprise Center (NEC).
- Work involves a wide range of IT management activities that typically extends andapplies to installation infrastructure or major components of an organization.
- Conduct vulnerability network security scanning using the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scan tool, audit and data security analytics and Host Based Security System (HBSS) to monitor / identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for scanning of all unclassified/classified servers, devices, and workstations on the networks to validate compliance in accordance with the IA Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) program.
- Manage specialty filters, sensors and/or devices (both network and host based) designed to monitor and/or counter specific threats.
- Perform impact analysis on all proposed security and technical changes to the network.
- Prepare and coordinate project authorization documents, operational benefit statement, cost comparison of alternatives, status reports, requirement documentation, risk analyses, and other technical documentation to meet network security compliance.
- Review and evaluate the security impact of system changes (change management process); provide technical expertise recommendations and directions for networking initiatives to coworkers; and represent the branch in meetings and conferences.
- Serve as a member of a team responsible for the review of unit and activity plans associated with Certification and Accreditation (C and A) of its automated information systems (AIS).
Occasional travel - Up to 15% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598565100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.