Wage Grade 2 Food Service Workers perform tasks with several steps or a sequence of tasks that requires attention to work operations. They follow set procedures in accomplishing repetitive assignments and follow an established sequence of work such as working in the dish room, passing trays, portioning cold foods and dipping hot foods.Learn more about this agency
Duties of this position are, but not limited to:
- Serve food cafeteria style by placing uniform portions of food on customers'/patients' plates
- Break down and clean assigned area when the meal is finished and return food to the kitchen
- Set up dining room tables for service, place food and beverages on tables, and replenish items as necessary
- Return soiled trays and dishes to the dish room after meals
- Deliver meal trays to the patients' bedsides
- Brew coffee according to the number of servings required
- Assemble and toss fresh fruit or green salads in quantity using prepared dressings and portions into standard serving sizes
- Apportion other food items into standard serving sizes using the proper utensils and containers
- Make cold sandwiches using prepared ingredients and pack box lunches
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/PD99921A
Physical Requirements: Work involves manual dexterity, and constant standing, stooping, walking, pushing of food carts, frequently lifting and moving objects weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving objects more than 60 pounds. May be required to perform heavy work, such as scouring and scrubbing large size cooking utensils and pushing heavy carts and assist unloading delivery trucks, storing, and delivering supplies. Work requires push/pull up to 1000 pounds on wheels. May be required to work on ladders and required use of powered cleaning equipment. Incumbent is often exposed to uncomfortable temperatures because of steam and heat from cooking and dishwashing. Sometimes the incumbent is exposed to extreme temperatures of the hot kitchen and the walk-in freezers. Regularly exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blades and hot working surfaces. The area is usually noisy and there is constant danger of slipping on floors where food or beverage have been spilled or from mopped floors. Incumbent is subject to possible steam/grease burns, grill burns, and exposure to caustic/corrosive cleaning chemicals. The incumbent is subject to minor injuries such as cuts and bruises and therefore must exercise caution at all times to minimize injury to self and staff.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598531200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.