The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist is assigned to the Homeless Program Office and worksLearn more about this agency
under the administrative and clinical supervision of the Department of Housing and Urban
Development-Veterans Administration Supported Housing (HUD-VASH) Program Manager.
Position is located within the Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) Program. All duties
performed should be consistent with the individual treatment plans and coordinated through and
with the clinical team.
Major Duties Include but not limited to:
- Receives and responds in a timely manner to referrals of Veterans who are interested in rehabilitation services.
- Performs initial vocational assessments examining work history, previous education and training, sources of income, transportation issues, disabling conditions, v0cational needs and goals.
- Develops individualized vocational service plans based on Veterans' strengths, abilities, needs, preferences, desired outcomes, other factors identified in the assessment process.
- Documents Veteran encounters in the computerized patient record system (CPRS). Assists veterans in obtaining information about their benefits.
- Places Veterans in CWT assignments within the medical center and the community for evaluation and training purposes.
- Advises worksite supervisors as to possible reasonable accommodations that might improve patients' abilities to work aid be productive.
- Works with the Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) Program Supervisor to initiate contacts with local businesses and governmental agencies to develop Compensated Work Therapy (CWT)agreements, and maintains contact with those entities that provide work opportunities to Veterans through CWT.
Work Schedule: M-F 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (HUD-VASH)/PD08582T
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598529800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.