Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Supervisory Program Specialist position will be located within Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), in a large airport or hub/spoke operation. If selected for this position, you will supervise activities that directly impact airport administrative operations or screening activities.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and providing oversight to the scheduling of Online Learning Center (OLC) training.
- Working with Training to ensure accurate and complete OLC records are maintained, and ensuring necessary resources and training materials are prepared and available.
- Working directly with the Federal Security Director (FSD) to coordinate, implement and maintain an effective program to communicate TSA’s policies, procedures, and directives.
- Working directly with stakeholders responding to security related questions and concerns and customer service inquiries.
- Sharing local news related information with the Office of Public Affairs and local (airport) media relations personnel.
- Creating and managing performance metrics to identify and resolve inefficiencies and areas in need of process improvement. Providing reports to FSD and management group.
- Developing staffing models based on metrics and data to include throughput projections, authorized FTS, current staff compositions and training requirements.
- Overseeing equipment needs and ensuring upgrades and reconfigurations are requested and completed as needed.
- Overseeing lost and found, and coordinating pick-up and disposal of hazardous materials (hazmat) and voluntarily abandoned property (VAP).
- Ensuring all security clearances, badges, credentials and uniforms are tracked and all related information and items are secured as required.
- Providing management oversight for all procurement, inventory, fleet, and records management and disposal.
- Working directly with the Office of Real Estate to facilitate and coordinate space needs to include moves, (re)constructions, etc.
- Providing in-depth analyses and interpretations regarding airport administrative procedures.
- Preparing budget estimates and consolidating the estimates into an integrated budget forecast; providing budget justifications by compiling, comparing and correlating information about current and future programs; and submitting budget estimates to the Office of Security Operations (OSO) for approval.
- Providing management advisory services to the FSD staff, as appropriate, and providing the first line response to airport employee inquiries.
- Coordinating solutions to information technology (IT) problems; coordinating staff efforts concerning the acquisition and use of specialized software applications.
Supervisory/Managerial duties include serving as a first line supervisor for the organization. This includes, but is not limited to: assigning work, setting priorities, and reviewing and evaluating work and performance of subordinates; approving leave; coaching and developing employees; recommending corrective or disciplinary actions; assisting in budget planning and projecting short-term needs; managing projects within assigned resources; resolving routine problems that typically impact the objectives of the organizational unit; and when required, coordinating with customers outside the immediate organization.
Occasional travel - A minimum of one (1) week of travel in a full-time duty status will be required within 90-days of entry on duty to complete TSA’s in residence New Hire Training. This training will occur away from the employee’s duty station of record. Employees will be paid for compensable hours and reimbursed for authorized travel expenses per TSA Travel Policy.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598477000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.