This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA ECO Accreditation Section .
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of IT security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Providing advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
- Develops systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implements corrective actions.
- Participates in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598472200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.