This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) in the INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEPT of the US NAVAL OBSERVATORY.
- You will serve as Deputy and IT Operations to the Head of the N6 Department and assist with establishing goals and objectives of IT programs within the department.
- You will provide oversight of IT policy and guidance compliance for application and integration of Information Technology throughout the Command.
- You will provide technical direction in systems analysis, programming and testing techniques including assistance in solving the most complex technical problems.
- You will function as a subject-matter expert advisor to the Department Head on the Precise Time and Astrometry (PTA) and its application within the Navy enterprise systems and networks.
- You will supervise Information Technology Specialist, Military personnel and manage contract support.
- You will evaluate performance, recommend awards, selection, promotions and reassignments, and identify training needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598468200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.