If you are interested in a career where you serve as a Senior Information Technology Specialist (Network Services) within the Office of Information Technology, this job is for you!Learn more about this agency
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies
Bargaining Unit Status: Not Covered
This is not a law enforcement position
As a Senior Information Technology Specialist ( Network Services), you will
1. Responsible for complex projects developing and delivering network services to PSA. Implement configuration management plans on significant local projects that support the PSA's IT mission. Design and configure network systems, ensuring compatibility with existing systems and with the Agency enterprise architecture. Evaluate new hardware or software and recommends solutions for PSA requirements. Provide expert advice in network systems and in strategies for integration of network services with internal and external systems and services.
2. Ensure the migration and oversight of the PSA Cloud initiatives. Ensure migration and oversight of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) in support of the Agency's infrastructure, and applications hosting environments to include Software as a Service (SaaS). Coordinate the managed services capabilities with service providers to include DOJ and CSOSA.
3. Serve the IT Technical Project Lead of ad hoc teams convened to provide quick responses to special projects and studies that cut across OIT units and functions to include cybersecurity, application development, IT enterprise risk management, and cloud modernization. Continuously available to clarify and detailed technical issues to resolve and mitigate potential risks to the PSA IT eco-system. Proactively communicates any issues that require escalation to PSA senior management. Lead the work of other IT specialists on projects; provide advice on work methods and problem solving; work with the supervisor on performance management issues, providing input to performance appraisals for team members.
4. Design, implement and document IT infrastructure schemes for applying new releases and upgrades to the PSA environment. Oversee and configure, install and maintain network hardware and software including servers, storage area network, routers, access points, and other network peripherals. Responsible for acquiring new or upgraded systems, services, or components replacements. Ensure hardware and software upgrades and installs are properly configured, tested, deployed, and supported. Analyze network traffic patterns and install network software fixes and upgrades. Maintain current awareness of emerging trends in network technologies and identifies those with potential application to PSA.
5. Manage the Agency Active Director and Active Directory for Federal Systems to facilitate implementation of PIV compliance as a part of NIST 800-63. Serve as the PSA Agency lead in the administration of the PSA email capabilities as part of the overall Microsoft O365 Cloud SaaS environment.
6. Oversee the configuring, installing and deploying of standardized images for hardware and software including desktops, laptops, printers, video cameras, sound systems, and other peripherals. Ensure systems are up to date and secure; identify the need for new or upgraded systems, services, or components. Maintain current awareness of emerging security threats in network and desktop technologies and addresses those that may impact PSA.
7. Ensure implementation of ongoing operations in back-up and disaster recovery plans for network systems. Collect data and analyze real and potential risk for continuity of operations. Recommend solutions to address vulnerable areas and minimize risk.
8. Implement processes for automated inventory of hardware and software for desktop stations and the network. Ensure proper application of relevant PSA policy and standards for control, distributing and use of hardware and software. Conduct inventory reviews and maintenance.
9. Provide third-tier helpdesk services, assuring that assistance is prompt and responsive and that recurring user problems are identified and resolved. Identify trends and recommends approaches to improve services to customers.
10. Develop approaches and methods for provision of technical guidance and continuing training to agency staff in use of the network. Analyze helpdesk and other customer service data to determine kinds of training needed and prepares training manuals and references for customers.
11. Manage the PSA Cloud platform consoles. Ensure compliance with NIST Security framework. Ensure the enforcement of IT Security standards and network assets are protected to support the Agency's information technology technical infrastructure.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598467200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.