This position is located in the Office of Security (OS), Office of Administration (OA), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR).Learn more about this agency
This is a Competitive Service position; additional positions may be filled from this announcement within 90 days of certificate issuance.
NOTE: This is a full time telework position. The employee will be required to report to the office in Falls Church, VA once a quarter. To maintain eligibility to continue on a telework schedule, the employee must be performing at a minimum, at a fully successful level.
The Personnel Security Specialist is responsible for the application of personnel security policy and the formulation of procedures, systems and programs involving the loyalty and responsibility of all applicants for the various components of EOIR.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Administering a program for the continuous security evaluation and periodic reinvestigation program of personnel, to include access justification management, determination of security eligibility, security indoctrinations and debriefings.
- Reviewing and evaluating personnel security documentation used to determine eligibility of individuals for access to sensitive information, material, resources or work areas.
- Evaluating controversial information to determine the suitability or national security risk that each candidate/selectee may pose to the efficiency of government service, national security, and the mission of the EOIR and the Department.
- Drafting requests for additional information or the reopening of investigative cases to fully develop or mitigate inconclusive or derogatory elements of information.
- Processing security clearance requests for up to Top Secret, special or high level investigations.
- Interviewing applicants to obtain information, assists applicants in completing paperwork for Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (E Qip), and forwards requests via established channels to the appropriate investigating agency.
- Following up with adjudicating agencies to check on the status of requests.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598452700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.