This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will NOT be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants should review the "How to Apply" section of this flyer for more information on how to be considered. This flyer will be used as positions become available. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- Direct and participate in the development and execution of program plans, documentation, schedules, budgets, test plans and reports, technology maturation plans, and milestones necessary for the overall planning and execution of the assigned program.
- Direct the overall technical effort within the program office to encompass development, engineering, integration, configuration management and related scientific and systems engineering program elements.
- Lead and support the software team as well as cross functional team efforts to meet project performance, cost and schedule objectives.
- Possess strong knowledge of vehicle platform technical and functional areas. These areas include cybersecurity, systems engineering, communication systems, safety, human machine interfaces, mobility, power management, and training devices.
- Develop alternative technical program approaches (in response to anticipated need) to adjust milestones, policies, objectives or resources.
- Provide technical and programmatic advice in the form of briefings to Project Managers, Product Managers, Directors, foreign military allies, functional leadership, and supporting agencies.
- Oversee system/subsystem requirements development, risk management, trade-off analyses, and materiel release product development as assigned.
- Apply subject matter expertise in a variety of applicable areas to include: Software programming/coding, software integration and test,
- Software standards for safety and security (i.e., MIL-STD-882) software assurance, software process development/management,
- Technical knowledge of computing environments, operating systems to include Windows and Linux, communications protocols, hardware platforms, computer language data structures, messaging strategies, application server software.
- Lead development of Statements of Work (SoW), Work Directives (WD), Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), contract negotiations, Data Item Deliverables (DID), and contract/system engineering documents.
- Knowledge of Technical Data Rights, software quality assurance, and electrical and software engineering designs for automotive platforms.
- Other responsibilities would include, evaluating software test procedures, test event coordination, responding to problem reports, being able to perform root cause analysis.
- Provide subject-matter-expertise (SME) and support in the requirements analysis, architecture, design, development, test plans, execution and sustainment of vehicle embedded software systems.
- Guide, consult, and collaborate with a team of diversified engineers and technicians in executing system engineering practices consistent with defined organizational standards.
- Evaluate technical data related to acquisition, program management and product development programs.
- Direct and manage the execution of various ground systems software engineering and acquisition programs. Define, organize, and assign activities to accomplish projects/programs goals.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 20% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598412500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.