This position is located within the Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Northwest Fisheries Service Center (NWFSC) with one (1) vacancy in Seattle, WA.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-NWC-2021-0009-MAP, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Fish and Wildlife Administrator, you will perform the following duties:
- Direct the work of a complex organization with a diverse range of science and administrative expertise to accomplish agency missions focused on managing and conserving marine resources.
- Supervise, oversee and support a diverse and large research organization by directing and distributing work, setting priorities, preparing timelines, and evaluating performance of staff and the quality of work.
- Direct operations, management and information technology functions including data management, workplace safety, facilities, budget formulation and planning activities, property, grants and acquisitions.
- Oversee the development of annual activities and staffing plans as well as the planning and executing a multi-million-dollar annual budget.
- Represent the Northwest Fisheries Science Center (NWFSC) programs and activities at internal, regional, Line Office and Bureau related events and activities both domestically and internationally.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% of domestic and foreign travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598371300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.