**THIS IS TO AMEND EXC-21-039-PDC-11061291 (CHANGING DUTY STATION FROM FT. WORTH TO ALL OF THE UNITED STATES). IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED TO EXC-21-039-PDC-11061291, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.Learn more about this agency
**CURRENT EMPLOYEES NEED NOT APPLY.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON. FINAL PAY RATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY EMPLOYEE'S HOME ADDRESS AND IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Due to the amount of mandatory overtime, outside employment is strongly discouraged.
As a Loan Specialist at the GS-1165-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Process home and/or business loans and make recommendations on collateral needed to secure loans.
- Apply accepted financial procedures to analyze financial resources to determine an applicant's ability to repay requested loans.
- Review all pertinent facts needed to make eligibility determinations by analyzing such factors as the nature and cause of damage, intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative loan limits, and disposition of insurance and other recoveries.
- Ensure loan files contain all pertinent documentation to include conversations with applicants and written recommendations or justifications for conclusions.
- Process loan applications on web-based computer system.
- Respond orally and/or in writing to applicants or their representatives.
- Salary is non-negotiable; however additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee's residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is telework eligible as determined by agency policy. Employees' primary residence will be their ONLY duty station and work location.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598313500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.