The IT Specialist (Data Management) for the Department of Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Benefits Management (PMB) Strategic Healthcare Group is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of PBM/Consolidated Mail Out Pharmacy (CMOP) SQL Server and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) databases.Learn more about this agency
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
HR will review the first 100 applications and refer qualified applicants to the Hiring Manager. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
422 - Data Analyst - Data Administration
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Telework: Available, as per Agency policy
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. Employee will not be required to report to a VA owned or leased space.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Data Management)/ PD004450
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items such as papers, books, or small parts or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Determines the most appropriate principles, practices, and methods to apply in all phases of assignments, including the approach to be taken, degree of intensity and depth of research in management.
- Interprets regulations on his/ her own initiative, applies new methods to resolve complex and or intricate, controversial, or unprecedented issues and problems, and resolves most of the conflicts that arise.
- Develops and implements data mining and data warehousing programs.
- Reads, interprets, writes, modifies, and executes simple scripts (e.g. , Perl, VBScript) on Windows and UNIX systems (e.g., those that perform tasks such as: parsing large data files, automating manual tasks, and fetching /processing remote data).
- Analyzes and plans for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements . Develops data standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manages the compilation, cataloging, caching, distribution, and retrieval of data.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598293000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.