About the Position: THIS POSITION IS ANNOUNCED AS A STANDING REGISTER (OPEN AND CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT): Chemist/1320/09/11/12/13 with a duty station of (2 Vacancies at APG, MD). Initial cut-off will be APR/29/2021, then every 15 days or until positions are filled. Recruitment will continue through the closing date to fill vacant positions. Applications are valid for 3 MONTHS in the system. Applicants must reapply after the 3 MONTH period to remain active.Learn more about this agency
- Provide qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses pertaining to chemical warfare agents and explosives for advancing detection methodologies and enhance scientific data to support each mission or command decisions.
- Serve as a Senior Chemist responsible for deploying in support of Other Government Agencies and Combatant Commanders as either a team leader or as part of the team.
- Serves as a primary trainer for new employees and lower grade scientists on current and new technological advances within the organization.
- Conducts extensive experimentation and/or testing, for approved projects, both in the laboratory and the field.
- Conduct systematic research investigations on new and unusual problems concerned with advancing detection methodologies and capabilities to enhance detection limits.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 50% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598240100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.