This position is located within the Cooperative Studies Program Coordinating Center (CSPCC) at the VA Boston Healthcare System in Boston, MA. The employee functions as Lead for the assigned Study Team(s) under the direction of a Senior Biostatistician in conjunction with the Associate Center Director of Science and Technology. Study Teams include research associates, project managers, office automation staff, and statistical programmers.Learn more about this agency
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
Duties will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with Principal Proponent and Planning Committee to develop a successful study protocol for clinical trial proposals assigned to the Center;
- Provides guidance and direction in study design and statistical methodology for sample size estimation and data analysis, protocol requirements, data collection and management;
- Leads study group, Data Monitoring Committee, and Executive Committee meetings and/or conference calls;
- Performs informatics and data processing activities and conducts critical interim and final statistical analyses using appropriate statistical methodology (both frequentist and bayesian);
- Analyzes collected data to elucidate significant factors, relationships, and trends;
- Designs sound research study protocols and conducts complex statistical analyses;
- Drafts and coordinates the submission of primary and secondary publications resulting from study data analyses;
- Serves as liaison for numerous aspects of the CSP clinical trial(s) including administrative and quality issues;
- Initiates and conducts research activities which may involve modification of existing statistical methods or the development of new, innovative statistical methods for a specific study;
- Participates in nationwide CSP biostatistics Subdomain, special Process Action Teams, and internal work groups;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 2 years). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration (more than 1 year but not more than 4). Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition (up to the 4-year maximum). The appointment to a Term position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment and Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED. IF YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY APPLIED, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598211400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.