This position is located in North Fork, ID on the Salmon-Challis National Forest.Learn more about this agency
This is a Seasonal position with a minimum of 18 pay periods are guaranteed full-time employment with the remaining pay periods (8) being in non-pay status.
Performs a variety of work in support of the unit wilderness/recreation program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Lisa Byers at email@example.com
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Responsible for developing and carrying out operating plans for wilderness maintenance, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and construction projects based on approved direction in land management plans.
- Implements wilderness, and/or trail and bridge construction and reconstruction projects.
- Participates in the identification and planning for future trail construction, reconstruction, maintenance, and restoration projects
- Trains crews in wilderness and trails construction and revegetation techniques.
- Initiates public contacts in the field to enhance the user's wilderness experience and protect the wilderness resource through dispersal of information.
- Serves as a Forest Protection Officer (FPO). Issues notices of field violations when violations of regulations are encountered. Conducts investigations, collects evidence and prepares case reports on violations.
- Responsible for maintenance and care of assigned pack and saddle stock and for operation and maintenance of specialized equipment used in transport of livestock.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel on occasion for this position for meetings, trainings, and/or site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598148100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.