This position is located in the CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES SERVICE LINE organization, Platform Support, Infrastructure Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T). The incumbent serves as the supervisor responsible for overseeing the full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support: PLATFORM SUPPORT and CLIENT TECHNOLOGIESLearn more about this agency
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- OPM Cyber Code - Code 641 - Systems Requirements Planner
- OPM-Cyber Code - Code 451 - System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website:https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. Employee will work remotely from home.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/10031A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is principally sedentary. Work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel to and attendance at meetings at converse away from the work site.
- Direct management responsibility for all administrative, operational, and planning activities of their assigned division under the CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES SERVICE LINE. Provides direct supervision to all staff of the office to include team leaders. Monitors and/or oversees appropriate performance measures and indicators to assess the overall success of the office.
- Oversees engineering, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of processes and technology in accordance with management priorities and objectives. Monitors the development and implementation of strategic plans to ensure they are in accordance with management priorities and objectives.
- Leads diverse teams to develop new policy, programs, structures, and plans and participates in the development of IT planning and status reports.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff on the Client Technologies Team. Manages and reviews testing, deployment, support and monitoring of processes, systems, and subsystems using various software tools and approved processes to ensure policies are being followed.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel management including personnel actions and training, fostering a team oriented motivational environment. Mentor, guide and develop staff capable of ensuring continuous improvement in Information Technology operations and customer service.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598134700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.