The Sioux Falls VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time, Social Worker - Healthcare for Homeless Veterans Program Outreach Case Manager. This position is located in the Mental Health Service Line at the Sioux City CBOC in Dakota Dunes, SD.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a full clinical workload including psychosocial/diagnostic assessment with patient/family on each active case.
- Ability to establish therapeutic rapport, demonstrates effective interviewing skills, and elicits relevant information by case presentation and observation.
- Initiates outreach to the community to identify HCHV veterans. The target population consists of veterans who are homeless and those that are at risk to becoming homeless.
- Provides therapeutic interventions that are consistent with the psychosocial assessment: these include but are not limited to case management services, and individual/group/family counseling.
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate, prescribe and provide intervention to patient and/or family.
- Ensures continuity of patient care in the development and implementation of the plan of care.
- Effectively communicates with and utilizes other disciplines (e.g., nursing, medicine, psychology) to facilitate treatment planning and implementation.
- Participates effectively in team meetings, treatment planning conferences, etc.
- Collaborates with divergent multidisciplinary team members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Provides all necessary direct and indirect patient care services consistent with area of assignment.
- Assists with the CHALENG and Stand Down meetings.
- Will need to travel which may be up to 35% of their time including and may have irregular tours of duty.
- May be expected to provide appropriate clinical backup and guidance to social work staff in the mental health service line.
- Serves as a consultant to other disciplines to assist them with psychosocial issues.
- Actively participate in Local Homeless Coalitions in the Sioux Falls VA Healthcare System HCHV catchment area. May participate in other related activities such as point in time count.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the needs of homeless Veterans.
- Actively participate in the Coordinated Entry Process for the Sioux City/Iowa Catchment area which will include participation in regular meetings, case conferencing, review of the master list, and other activities that may arise related to this.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598109400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.