If you are seeking an opportunity to become familiar with the legal, economic and operational methodology used by attorneys and professional staff in the Federal Trade Commission during the course of various investigations and litigation and want to play an integral role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining one of the various Bureaus or Offices at the Federal Trade Commission! For more information visit, www.ftc.gov.Learn more about this agency
If you are selected for this position you may be performing some or all of the following duties:
- Performs research using section or attorney files, library references files, corporate records, private and governmental studies, legal research databases, and other pertinent sources, to supply factual information for inclusion in memoranda, briefs, and similar documents. Uses electronic databases to assist in factual and/or legal research; encodes substantive case materials; retrieves and analyzes materials through data searches.
- Writes and/or edits interview reports and other memoranda reflecting facts, sources, citations, etc., discovered during the course of research.
- Prepares table of contents, indexes and table of authorities for legal briefs, memoranda, and other such documents; reviews and researches citations, footnotes, textual references and other entries for accuracy.
- Digests substantive materials or transcripts of testimony from investigational hearings and/or depositions; indexes documents in accordance with legal categories determined by the attorney to whom assigned.
- Assists attorneys in conducting interviews with investigative sources and prospective witnesses to gather information useful in assessing the impact of regulations on industries; Organizes, maintains and/or archives files (interrogatories, document requests, requests for admission, objections, motions, affidavits, general correspondence, exhibits, etc.) for case team members throughout the course of an investigation or litigation; Tracks materials to be used as exhibits in administrative proceedings and federal court trials.
- Coordinates various support services as required by attorneys assigned to a case (i.e. requesting court reporters, shipping materials, coordinating with litigation support, etc.).
- Assists in court proceedings, traveling to trial site (when necessary), investigational hearings, depositions, etc., in support of attorneys and case team during the course of investigation and/or litigation.
- Performs research using library references, corporate records, government policy, legal research databases, and other pertinent sources and collects and analyzes agency data to supply factual information to agency leadership, aids in the drafting of new policy, and informs through memoranda, briefs, and other documents.
- Drafts/edits weekly report to the Executive Director/Chairman; creates and manages dashboards.
- Plans and attends agency-wide and office training events; learns about risk management strategies and resources and uses various tool sets to resolve risk-related issues.
- Helps to lead various projects, teams and working groups; aids in modernization projects ranging from web design and facilities to IT; creates spreadsheets and gives presentations; schedules appointments for agency leadership and assists with other administrative tasks.
- Coordinates various support services or projects in collaboration with bureaus and offices across the agency, to include the Chairman's office and the Commissioner offices.
- Drafts and/or edits reports, memos, policies, announcements and other communications
- Writes and/or edits briefing reports and other memoranda reflecting facts, sources, and citations discovered during the course of research; assists in responding to recommendations made by the Office of the Inspector General; takes minutes of meetings.
- Drafts and/or edits weekly report to the Chairman; creates and manages dashboards.
- Analyzes, presents, and makes recommendations about data.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598072100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.