This position is located within the Indian Health Service (IHS), Albuquerque Area Office (AAO), Division of Clinical Quality, and Area Diabetes Program in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The purpose is to coordinate and support the data infrastructure related to the annual diabetes care and outcomes audit and to support the overall implementation of diabetes treatment/prevention projects to tribes/health programs with their Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI) community directed grant.Learn more about this agency
- Assists the Area Diabetes Consultant in the establishment and continuation of program supported activities as they relate to grant program requirements which include the use of the diabetes care and outcomes audit.
- Coordinates activities such as receiving, processing, monitoring data quality, analyzing, and implementing quality assurance measures of the yearly diabetes care and outcomes audit (electronic and manual audit).
- Works with respective health care facilities audit contact personnel to provide orientation and training in regard to the diabetes audit process.
- Provides technical assistance on diabetes standards of care guidelines, diabetes self-management education methods and topics, case management, health care systems improvement, and Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI) grant development.
- Conduct site visits to evaluate existing diabetes program, clinic capacity, diabetes education, Diabetes Audit (and GPRA results, where applicable) and data improvement efforts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597955400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.