Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Health Scientist reporting to the Director of the Office of Fellows' Career Development (OFCD). You will oversee the undergraduate and post baccalaureate programming, with primary responsibility for development and implementation of a summer curriculum for students in the NIEHS Summer Internship Program (SIP) and NIEHS Post baccalaureate fellows, and coordination and management of all NIEHS OFCD outreach to undergraduate students.
- Act as liaison between the trainee?s community, staff, committees, and NIEHS administration.
- Help design mentoring programs to benefit trainees and their mentors.
- Assist with orienting new trainees and provides networking opportunities to current trainees.
- Provide referral services to fellows and staff involved in the training process to appropriate personnel/other resources.
- Assist with creating and implementing a rewarding scientific experience for summer visiting fellows,
- Analyze value of other training and educational programs of other IC's at NIH for potential integration into NIEHS programs.
- Serve as liaison with policy-level officials with in the NIEHS to ensure that views and interests are promoted with respect to current and emerging policy issues.
- Oversees the OFCD Website, used by both intramural and public Fellows for information an d recruiting purposes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597922900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.