About the Position: This position is located at the Tripler Army Medical Center Command Group in Oahu, HI. Oahu is the third largest island in the Hawaiian chain. Honolulu is the state capitol and the 11th largest U.S. metropolitan city. The island is very geographically diverse with mountains, rain forest, volcanic craters, tropics, beaches and much more. For more information about Hawaii and the island of Oahu, visit: http://www.hvcb.org/ and http://www.garrison.hawaii.army.mil.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Director of Public Affairs at the Tripler Army Medical Center by developing and conducting the Public Affairs program.
- Plan operations to support public affairs activities for all organizations on the installation (i.e., community relations, media operations and facilitations, communications strategies, government relations, organization newspaper, etc).
- Coordinate activities between tenant organizations, the Garrison, and the public.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior leadership on all matters involving public issues and the creation of communication policy.
- Analyze communication needs, concerns, and attitudes of various publics as they relate to programs, policies and activities of the community.
- Respond to media queries.
- Prepare speeches, presentations, and other written and electronic information materials for general and targeted audiences.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597908900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.