OHR director provides leadership, oversight, supervision and guidance in
developing and administering an extensive Human Resources Management (HRM)/Human Capital (HC) programrequiring participation in the management decision-making process on all human resources matters. Incumbent has broad program responsibility for HR operations and leadership in the development of strategic plans for al HRM/HC programs and initiatives including strategic planning, and federal human resources budgeting.
Learn more about this agency
This vacancy announcement is being also being advertised as Delegated Examining under vacancy number: DEU-11074326-21-RS
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with the senior leadership to employ change process concepts and techniques in order to develop strategic HR goals that lead management in change initiatives and that address issues that affect long-range implementation of substantive operational and/or policy programs
- Develops personnel program policies and procedures utilized for HRM/HC program implementation for the two separate, yet parallel employment/pay systems (Civil service-federally funded; and Trust-privately funded)
- Conceptualizes and develops Center policy and program directives
in the areas of staffing, performance management, classification, pay administration, merit promotion, professional development, and employee relations
- Initiates, plans and conducts studies and surveys to determine the need for new or revised policies and procedures
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization's HR team
- Ensures that all facets of the human resources management program are integrated with overall management plans and operations to provide maximum support and assistance to the overall management process and to the strategic goals
- Develops, implements and leads programs that promote diversity and inclusion
- Oversees and plans the organization's performance management initiatives
- Leads and oversees the development and management of Human Capital, (HC) projects/programs and/or reporting requirements, (to Congress, OMB, OPM, EEOC, and others as required by law)
- Serves as liaison between the Office of Personnel Management , (OPM) and the Center
- Conducts and/or directs formal analysis of strengths and weaknesses of overall Federal HC programs and their impact and potential application to the Center's trust-fund system
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597894700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.