THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Air Control Squadron (ACS), Orange, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is toplan and design the Information Technology (IT) networks and telecommunications required to support the ACS Weapon System, specializing in the interconnection and integration of tactical radar sites and other participants of the Weapons System, and to analyze, monitor, and optimize their performance, security, and capacity during peacetime and wartime operations. Performs duties necessary to provide information technology and telecommunications functions and services which support programs essential to Air National Guard daily operations, training, and readiness missions. Incumbent is responsible for planning and coordinating mission accomplishments and training requirements of functionally assigned guard member.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receives information on computer and communication requirements needed, coordinates requirements with internal and external customers involved and analyzes, plans, and designs data, video and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as multichannel satellite, troposphere scatter systems, Line-Of-Sight (LOS) RF radios, LOS laser radios as well as fiber optic and copper cable systems.
- Relates mission requirements to existing technology, policies and priorities, systems capabilities, available technology and services, operating practices and procedures, equipment and staffing requirements, to provide network services that support operational requirements.
- Manages local operating frequency assignment and control program.
- Determines mission requirements and requests hardware and network configuration resources, such as: Internet Protocol addresses, voice switch and data link configurations, etc.
- Identifies and corrects network problems and identifies transmission deficiencies in planned or currently operational networks.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597823300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.