THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Maintenance Squadron (MXS), East Granby, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
This is an indefinite position that may convert to permanent without further competition.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish maintenance on electronically controlled powered support equipment containing highly complex digital devices and integrated circuits.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation of numerous manufacturer drawings, specifications, operating instructions, and test procedures, to troubleshoot, calibrate, align and repair a variety of highly complex pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustments on complex rotary diesel engines.
- Must independently determine work sequences, specifications, and special procedures to be used to fault-isolate and repair unusual problems in various pieces of powered support equipment.
- Performs intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and nonpowered AGE.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls, modifies and operates aerospace ground equipment such as AC and DC power generators, various types of internal combustion engines, air compressors, blowers, hydraulic test stands, cabin leakage testers, portable diesel engine driven generators, emergency lighting units, de-icers, heaters, load banks, hydrostatic testers, cryogenic carts, decontamination units, thermal bath, vacuum pumps, flow meters, lavatory service trailers, air conditioners and various pieces of non-powered AGE.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works indoors and outdoors, in inclement weather, on icy, wet and slippery ramps, aircraft surfaces and work stands, and in temperature and humidity extremes. Subject to the dangers from toxic fumes, oil, heat, fluids, shock, high noise level, possible cuts, abrasions and burns, extremely low temperature cryogenic liquids and extremely high air pressures.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Physical effort involves stooping, bending, stretching, standing, climbing, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Requires moderate to strenuous physical exertion including pushing and shoving of wheeled AGE. Lifts heavy equipment and components weighing up to 90 pounds.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597789700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.