This position is located in Mammoth Cave National Park, in the Interpretation Division. Open to the first 100 applicants or until 04/19/2021 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.Learn more about this agency
- Research, develop and present interpretive and environmental education programs including evening programs both on and off-site.
- Lead crawling tours through rugged off-trail cave environments and communicate safe caving techniques.
- Implement resource and protection messages.
- Provide visitor orientation to park resources.
- Deals with visitors and students from various socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Crawling, climbing and squeezing through small cave passages are required.
- Must be able to deal with emergency situations.
Position Location: Mammoth Cave National Park, Mammoth Cave, KY.
Area Information: Mammoth Cave National Park is located in the beautiful farm country of south central Kentucky. Housing in the area is plentiful and reasonably priced. Medical attention is available in close proximity and the major metropolitan areas of Louisville, KY and Nashville, TN are approximately a 1 1/2 hour drive from the park. The people are friendly, local and regional culture and history are fascinating, recreational opportunities are many. The city of Bowling Green, KY is approximately 35 miles from the park with an estimated population of over 60,000. Also, the city of Glasgow, KY is approximately 19 miles from the park with an estimated population of 14,200.
Please visit http://www.nps.gov/maca for area information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597774000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.