Due to the Pandemic, and individual states with different phases of reopening, the selectee’s report date to the official duty station/facility may be delayed until such time as employees are allowed to report to the workplace. The person selected may telework up to the maximum extent possible, up to and including full time, until it is safe to relocate.Learn more about this agency
The position will reside within Information and Technology of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We deliver core IT services to keep FAA employees connected and productive. We drive transformative IT efforts that move the FAA enterprise forward. And as a trusted advisor to our business partners, we develop innovative IT solutions to solve their complex challenges.
He/She will administer, develop, deliver, and support information technology (IT) systems and services. The paramount requirement is knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methods: e.g. data storage, software applications, and networking. Information technology refers to systems and services used in the automated acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, assurance, or reception of information. Information technology includes computers, network components, peripheral equipment, software, firmware, services, and related sources.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Coding, testing, and maintaining documentation of computer programs that are processed on several computer systems within established procedures, and making adjustments based on experiences and precedent actions.
- Providing services in association with the installation, movement, maintenance, and accountability of hardware items.
- Accomplishing recurring software installation and records maintenance requirements.
- Performing tasks involving control of incoming and outgoing products. Reviews product description on recurring job requests and selects and applies established procedures and methods to satisfy product requirements.
- Providing guidance and assistance to customers. Assists customers in the effective usage of software packages and equipment.
Other features of the Gateways Recent Graduates Program
APPOINTMENT - If selected, your temporary appointment may not exceed a total of two (2) years.
AGREEMENT: All participants must sign a written Recent Graduates Program Participant Agreement with the FAA that clearly identifies expectations of the appointment such as duties, length of appointment, work schedule, training, mentorship, etc.
CONVERSION: Although it is not guaranteed, an intern may be converted from the Recent Graduates Program to a permanent excepted service position without further competition after successful completion of the required training, mentorship, and other requirements in accordance with the recent graduates participant agreement.*
TERMINATION: Participation in this program may be terminated at any time.
TRANSCRIPTS: Must be submitted. If you do not submit your transcripts, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be given further consideration.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597764800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.