WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A LEAD/TAX EXAMININER TECHNICIAN DO? As a Tax Examining Technician you will ensure the accurate and timely posting, updating, and correcting of Power of Attorney (POA) information.
As a Lead/Tax Examininer Technician you will:
- Receives researches and processes Power of Attorney (POA) forms to update the Centralized Authorization File (CAF).
- Perfects and/or completes unprocessable POAs through use of IDRS research command codes, available directories and telephone contact with taxpayers and/or their representatives.
- Accesses taxpayers master file (entity and tax account) to ensure that all information is entered on the CAF accurately without creating an unpostable action.
- Revokes authority of representatives on the CAF whenever required by subsequent POA or Taxpayer filings
- Expeditiously processes special category POAs such as those from the Taxpayer Advocacys Office
- Code and Edit incoming POAs, batch, order research and assign Source Document Locator Numbers (SDLN) for expedite POAs.
- Changes and updates taxpayer and representative data as directed. Associates change documents with original SDLN in files.
- Uses miscellaneous CAF research to verify accuracy of POA input to the CAF; corrects CAF as appropriate.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597752600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.