THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1635000 and is part of the IL 183 WG, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC (TITLE 32), WG-8602-5/8/10, you will certify acceptable performance, test, repair, trouble-shoot, operationally check and modify aircraft turbine and auxiliary power units, and associated propulsion system components.
This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Install, remove, operate, and repair a variety of conventional and modified aircraft engines and engine accessories systems on and off the aircraft.
- Train lower graded employees on proper certification techniques of installed engine components.
- Perform verification that engine is operating within acceptable parameters for safe operation in the aircraft.
- Operate a variety of test equipment, such as vibration analyzers, air data simulators, engine monitoring computer, data transfer equipment, dynamic propeller balancing equipment, high pressure hydraulic test equipment, voltmeters and other precision measurement equipment.
- Troubleshoot, modify, repair, and perform sequential disassembly and assembly of gearboxes and auxiliary power units.
- Interpret technical orders, manufacturer's catalogs, blueprints and schematic drawings, to obtain the technical information.
- Interpret and utilize jet engine theory and the integration of the jet engine with all aircraft systems to troubleshoot malfunctions and accomplish repairs.
- Utilize engine trending data to determine defects and failure rates on installed engines.
- Perform mathematics to determine tolerances and performance specifications involved in engine buildup and test cell operations.
- Interpret and follow state and federal regulations regarding the reclamation, storage and transportation of hazardous materials.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597741800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.