This position is located in USAGM's Technology, Services and Innovation's, Digital Management Division. The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN) and responsible for assisting the Director with the planning, design, and integration of computer hardware and software systems that are needed to conduct U.S. international broadcasting. He/she configures, installs, and maintains security of all digital media broadcast systems for producing newscasts globally.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains and administers all digital media broadcast systems in order to ensure operation for numerous broadcasting equipment needs.
- Initiates and maintains various account databases containing user accounts, categories, groups, permissions, and application security processes.
- Manages support and administration of all critical services provided by the Division, including the Integrated Digital Audio Production System (IDAPS) and the Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) system.
- Provides the digital media broadcast system user community with a high level of technical operating system support; expert problem resolution, and technical liaison with operations and maintenance technicians within the Agency.
- Supports and troubleshoots Dalet video servers and related hardware and software running the Galaxy Media Asset Management (MAM) system.
- Provides instruction and training on software/hardware operation to users and lower level staff when required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597728900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.