This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.Learn more about this agency
This full-time psychologist position is located in the Mental Health Service Line at the Omaha VA. The incumbent will be actively involved in providing behavioral health interventions in Primary Care Clinics in the Medical Center and is physically co-located in the Primary Care clinic. This Psychologist may also be assigned occasional additional general clinical duties that involve provision of professional psychological services in multiple areas within the Medical Center.
(A) Primary Care Mental Health Integration Clinic (85%)
- Provides focused clinical interviews and psycho-diagnostic assessments, including symptom report measures and neurocognitive screening instruments, to assist in developing appropriate treatment plans for implementation of evidence-based behavioral health interventions in providing quality care to Veterans with a range of mental health and neurocognitive issues.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including assessment, individual, and group psychotherapy, psychoeducational groups (i.e., coping skills, anger management), and case management with veterans having a variety of diagnoses, including substance use disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and PTSD.
- Facilitates veterans' timely referral to specialty mental health or substance abuse treatment as appropriate.
- Provides informal consultative services with Primary Care providers to address questions about how to approach Veterans with mental health concerns and how to direct their care to appropriate specialty services as appropriate.
- Involved in program evaluation and quality assurance activities; monitors information from and participates as much as possible in monthly national conference calls on subjects relevant to the integration of mental health into primary care settings.
- Provides training and potentially oversight, with appropriate supervision from a Licensed Psychologist, of predoctoral Psychology interns in the Mental Health in Primary Care training rotation at the Omaha VA.
- Provides administrative duties in support of clinical service provision including:
- Prompt, professional communication, either directly or through the medical record with primary care providers who refer patients to the primary care Psychologist.
- Returning veteran's phone calls.
- Is responsible for timely completion of all clinical charting and documentation required by the medical center or healthcare system, as appropriate.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services for Veterans with a range of mental disorders, including assessment and use of the most appropriate evidence-based psychotherapeutic modalities in providing quality care.
- Provides clinical, psychodiagnostic interviews and neurocognitive screening assessments for Veterans in various settings as requested.
- Serves as a consultant to other medical staff treatment teams and trainees and assists in their formulation of the psychological characteristics and appropriate treatment expectations regarding their patients.
- Conducts and/or facilitates program evaluation and/or research activities as needed for the NWIHCS Mental Health Service Line and Omaha VA Mental Health Clinic.
- When appropriately licensed to do so, may serve on NWI Psychology Internship Faculty and provide rotation specific supervision to Doctoral Interns in Psychology.
- Provides educational presentations on salient mental health topics for trainees and colleagues of various disciplines.
- May, if assigned, plan, oversee, or collaborate in the completion of personal research programs designed to support the mission of NWIHCS.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Telework: Telework, if approved, will be on an ad-hoc basis.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
**This is an Open Continuous Announcement. The first review/referral of applications will occur 15 business days after the opening of this announcement; after this date applicants will be reviewed as they are received.**
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597722700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.