The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (IC IG) was established within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) by the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. The IC IG's organizational divisions include Audit, Investigations, Inspections and Evaluations, Mission Support Division, the Center for Protected Disclosures, and Counsel to the Inspector General.
The Audit Division provides independent and objective audits of the Intelligence Community and ODNI to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of programs and operations, and to reduce fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. Audits are conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- Advise the Inspector General and Principal Deputy Inspector General on audit matters affecting ODNI, the IC, and other Offices of the Inspectors General.
- Represent the IC IG in communicating and prioritizing IC-wide audit requirements with ODNI senior leaders and other stakeholders to ensure ODNI understands and complies with federal laws, regulations, or other mandatory guidelines.
- Oversee professional level staff in the planning, conduct, and reporting of financial and performance audits, attestations, or agreed-upon procedures for organizational activities within the Intelligence Community (IC) and the ODNI in compliance with the Government Accountability Office's Government Auditing Standards (GAS).
- Develop short and long-term goals and initiatives for the Audit division that support the IC IG strategic plan, and strengthen and improve oversight of ODNI and IC-wide programs and activities; IC IG hiring practices and internal processes; and, collaboration and communication with our partners in the IC.
- Oversee audit functions and activities to include staff workload determinations; planning and scheduling of audits; coordination of organizational audit planning, goals, and objectives; and, development of the annual work plan.
- Oversee the management and execution of multiple complex audits including the development of audit objectives and methodologies; the gathering and analysis of data; and, the development and presentation of findings and recommendations to senior IC and ODNI officials.
- Lead and manage professional staff, including evaluating performance and writing Performance Evaluation Reports, collaborating on goal setting, and providing feedback and guidance regarding personal and professional development opportunities.
- Develop and manage the Audit Division's budget for personnel resources, travel, training, and other logistical needs.
- Review all reports to ensure that they are clear and compelling, that conclusions are well supported, and that recommendations address the root cause of deficiencies identified to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of agency programs and operations.
- Oversee the IC IG's contract with an Independent Public Accounting firm and other service agreements with the Central Intelligence Agency for audit services procured.
- Lead the IC-wide Joint Audit Working Group to promote collaboration across the IC, identify audits, projects, and areas of concern that affect the IC and Federal government, and share best practices and lessons learned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597713400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.