This position is in Office of Land and Emergency Management (OLEM), Office of Superfund Remediation & Technology Innovation, Technology Innovation and Field Services Division, Environmental Response Team - West.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About OLEMLearn more about this agency
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Serve as national engineering expert in the design and implementation of treatment and clean up technologies at hazardous waste sites.
- Develop and implement novel and advanced engineering analytical approaches to address problems associated with environmental emergencies and uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Advise on-scene coordinators, remedial project managers, and other Regional or Federal officials on design and implementation of innovative and advanced engineering approaches for treatment and cleanup of contaminated sites.
- Interpret results of site investigations and prepare complete reports, including discussion of new approaches, techniques and technologies.
- Respond to complex, uncontrolled hazardous waste sites and emergencies to provide technical assistance on methods for mitigating accidental or purposeful releases of hazardous materials.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
50% or less - You may be required to travel up to 50% of each month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597713200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.