If selected for this position you will make final grade determinations on products standardized under the U.S. Grain Standards and Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 Acts and may perform weighing activities at grain handling facilities. You may rotate between all facilities in your assigned area.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Determines the grade of grain and related commodities and makes independent decisions on difficult and borderline grade determinations.
- Performs agency services in support of grain, rice, and related commodity markets.
- May be required to be proficient in grading additional grains, be familiar with various types of material handling systems and weighing equipment, and perform the full range of weighing activities.
- Work assignments are rotated between shift and points of inspection within the area serviced by the field office and are subject to adjustment due to fluctuating workloads and personnel requirements.
- Performs routine, daily safety, health and/or equipment checks, and other related functions of the field office.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597702300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.