This position is located in the Facilities Planning and Operations Office within the Museum’s Office of Management and Museum Services (OMMS), National Museum of American History (NMAH), Smithsonian Institution (SI).Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent provides technical, advisory and other services NMAH Staff and to the various tenants within the facility, including the West Mall Zone, Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), the Photo Services Division, OCIO, the Smithsonian Early Enrichment Centers (SEEC), Smithsonian Enterprise (SE), Concessionaires, and other contracted services.
- Ensures compliance with Federal requirements including OSHA standards, EPA, DOE, NFPA life safety codes, building codes, consensus standards and SI directives, policies and procedures.
- Establishes a system to track chemicals and other potentially hazardous materials from their entry into the building through their use and disposal.
- Under the careful direction of OSHEM, develops and revises safety and occupational health guidelines and procedures for the NMAH.
- Facilitates the museum’s safety committee and ensures that all occupants of the museum are represented on the committee and conducts safety committee meetings each year for NMAH.
- Maintains annual master schedule for all permits, licenses, METR and drills related to the overall safety of the museum.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597680000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.