These positions are located in the Chemistry Branch of the Office of Public Health Science Field Laboratories: Western Laboratory, Albany CA, Midwestern Laboratory, Saint Louis MO, and Eastern Laboratory, Athens, GA.Learn more about this agency
This announcement will be used to fill multiple Chemist positions for a period of 90 days from the date of this announcement closing.
- This position is being announced at multiple grade levels. Candidates selected at lower grade levels will perform duties with less independence and more supervision as they learn and progress.
- At the full performance level of this position, you will independently plan and carry out chemical analysis on a variety of meat, poultry, egg products, and Siluriformes.
- Interpret and evaluate results of your analysis and compare the results to pertinent agency regulations to determine whether samples are violative.
- Defend and/or explain your analysis and evaluation by completing a thorough justification to your Supervisor and/or other OPHS officials.
- Assess and make recommendations to changes in standard operating procedures when necessary, to better align broad guidelines specified under the ISO quality assurance program.
- Perform analytical services associated with detecting chemical residues in meat and poultry products.
- Troubleshoot all instrumentation used in the analysis process.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the interrelationships between the analysis process and instruments/equipment used.
- Apply quality assurance procedures of instruments, equipment, reagents, and standards.
- Communicate with personnel from all segments of FSIS (field employees, technical service center employees, plant personnel, FSIS managers, and representatives from industry).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597674400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.