THIS IS A FULL TIME VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITY. THIS WORK CAN BE PERFORMED FROM ANY DUTY STATION.Learn more about this agency
AmeriCorps takes pride in the work it does to "Get Things Done for America" and appreciates the contributions its interns make to forward the mission of promoting national service every day. The agency, based in Washington, DC, understands how work experience gained through these experiences can shape the future and careers of its interns.
We are now recruiting for our Summer 2021 Virtual Internship Program. Anticipated internship dates are from June 7, 2021 - August 20, 2021. Dates may be flexible depending on office needs and intern schedules.
The position of AmeriCorps Summer Intern provides administrative and technical support to programs and/or department staff.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and information from a variety of sources, and communicates results orally and in writing
- Prepares a variety of written documents such as meeting minutes, correspondence, research papers, reports, Power Point presentations, and other deliverables as needed
- Researches and gathers documentation as requested
- Establishes and maintains office records of various types
- Purges and disposes of records and files in accordance with established procedures
- Provides administrative support to the office and ongoing initiatives or projects
- Inputs information, data, and records into databases
- Collaborates with team members to support the business objectives of the office
Applicants will have the opportunity to select their top four office preferences*. Office descriptions can be found in the assessment portion of the announcement. AmeriCorps offices include:
- Chief Executive Officer - Immediate office
- Office of External Affairs
- Office of Government Relations
- Office of the Chief Risk Officer
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Research and Evaluation
- Office of the Chief Chief Operating Officer - Immediate Office
- Office of Budget
- Office of Human Capital
- Office of Procurement Services
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Accounting & Financial Management Services
- Office of Monitoring
- Office of Facilities and Support Services
- Office of National Service Trust
- Office of the Chief of Program Operations - Immediate Office
- Office of AmeriCorps State & National (program office)
- Office of AmeriCorps VISTA (program office)
- Office of AmeriCorps Seniors
- Office of AmeriCorps NCCC
- Office of Regional Operations
- Office of Grant Administration
- Office of Audit and Debt Resolution
Undergraduate Interns will be compensated at a rate of $15.00 per hour.
Graduate Interns will be compensated at a rate of $17.00 per hour.
*Locality rates are included
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597613900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.